More Adventures

Thursday, September 7, 2017

#TBT My favorite PC

First off, I want to welcome and thank all of you for checking out the blog. I have been humbled by the amount of likes and shares on social media. I hope you continue to check out my little corner of the RPG universe.

Recently I was catching up with a dear friend. Our conversation eventually game around to the 4th edition D&D game we played in together for almost seven years. Yep, you read that correctly. I played 4th edition and I LOVED IT! Granted the game was wonky in spots, trying to keep up with all of the pluses and minuses that came up in combat was damn near impossible. Despite the cumbersome rules our GM crafted an adventurous world for our PCs.

Personally, I enjoyed this campaign because it was the birthplace of my most memorable PC, a minotaur barbarian named Dutch (after Arnold Schwarzenegger's character from Predator and yes, I did the Arnold voice in character, albeit poorly.) Dutch was the definition of a savage, raging, blood thirsty barbarian. The young warrior got his party into many unnecessary combat encounters due to his quick temper and bad attitude. It was an amazing roll to play. I enjoyed it to the fullest.

Unfortunately, Dutch didn't survive. He met his end in a long and drawn out combat secession.  Dutch was going toe to toe with another warrior. The blows exchanged that day were mighty. Both warriors fought bravely for their Gods but on this day Dutch was the stronger combatant. The powerful barbarian gained the upper hand in the battle due to his "blood rage, " meaning he dealt more damage when blooded. After that battle, the party's cleric ask Dutch if he could attend to his wounds. Dutch, very much the bullheaded minotaur declined. He gained more satisfaction from the extra damage he dealt then from a few measly HP. Dutch ran off to engage another but was cut down by the blade of the vicious pit fighter.

I was sad when Dutch came face to face with his god, Bane. However, I was at ease with his death. It's never fun to lose a PC but Dutch's bloody death was very much in the spirit of the character. At the end of the day, that's all that matter.

Now, this post can't be all about me. I would like you guys to tell me about your most memorable PC. Also, if you enjoy what you are reading, follow and share. Thanks!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm actually playing my favorite character right now! A teifling bard-barian who it's trying to bring Metal back to the world. His journey has been frought with blockade after blockade but he will persevere. I also came into a long running campaign so it's nice to have some established lore and party relationships set up already. Has been totally fun and can wait till next session

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the term "bard-barian" makes me laugh every time you mention it.

      Delete