More Adventures

Friday, September 15, 2017

My First Starfinder Character Build

I've been pouring over the content of the Starfinder book for almost a month now. I can't say I've read the book cover to cover yet, there is just too much info to digest but man is it a good read. The effort and execution is pretty flawless. Game play seems simplified and streamlined. I dig the lore and the history Pazio has created. Now it's my turn to add to their creation. It's time to roll my first character.

The first decision I made was my character would not kill. Why? Well, I thought it would be a fun challenge to roll play. How would this type of character be received by the party? How would he/she deal with an especially cruel or bloodthirsty PC? I would deal damage but I would be non-lethal. I pictured he/she carrying a stun weapon (ranged) and a whip used to disarm enemies. A whip! IN SPACE! How cool is that! I pictured either a young and naive explorer who is more interested in knowledge than dealing death or a grizzled old warrior that has seen enough death to last a thousand lifetimes.

I knew I wanted to play a Ysoki. I liked the idea of play a loud, fast talking rat folk. I pictured Joe Pesci's Leo Getz from Lethal Weapon.  The next two choices came a little slower. I normally play magic users but for some unexplained reason neither of the magical classes spoke to me. I was however drawn to the operative class. I liked the amount of skill points offered (8+INT MOD) and the different builds provided. I could play a quick witted thief, or a cunning spy or a thrill seeking explorer out for glory. In Starfinder, a player must pick a theme for their character.  I think this is a nice touch because it gives the player a chance to breath life and creativity into their PC. I chose a spacefarer because I liked the +1 CON bonus and I felt the build fit nicely with the explorer operative.

And there you have it! My first Starfinder PC is a Ysoki/Spacefarer/Operative that refuses to kill due to a higher moral code. This should be fun. Next week, I will share the nuts and bolts ( ability scores, weapons and feats) with you guys. 

 If you are reading this, please tell me all about your first Starfinder character.  Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment