More Adventures

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

So Many Games So Little Time

As for this very instant, I am currently playing in three games. I've compiled a list. See below.

4th Edition D&D
Pathfinder
Spirit of 77.

I'm planning to add a Stafinder game (or two) to this already crowded list. Some of you may be reading this thinking "Three games isn't that many! What is this dude talking about!" Factor in I am a stay at home father of two, a good husband, a professional comic book writer, a podcaster and now the author of this blog...What I'm saying is my time is I got a lot of stuff going on, but I want to play more games!I want to play ALL THE GAMES! These titles I find especially interesting!

Hollow Earth Expeditions: All the old school pulp action in on game! Sign me up. Hollow Earth was one of the books I presented to the Pathfinder group. We ended up going with Spirit of 77, which if you've read previous posts is a wonderful game. That being said, I'd being lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed in the group's choice. I LOVE the pulp genre. The character classes are ripped from the pages of King Solomon's Mines, The Lost World and A Princess of Mars. The settings presented for adventuring  range from the bustling concrete jungle of New York City to the actual uncharted jungles of Central and South America. I played a mod at GenCon and I was hooked.

Tales From the Loop: Speaking of mods at GenCon, I also spent a bit of time in the world presented in Tales from the Loop and I was impressed. Think Stand by Me meets District 9 but with robots. TFtL follows a group of pre-teen 80's kids exploring the strangeness of their town, which happens to reside in the shadow of a large particle accelerator. Pre-teens and large experimental science, what could go wrong?


Star Trek Adventures: I admit. I am a huge Star Trek fan. So much so I even gave The Orville a shot. Being a kid of the late 80's early 90's, my favorite era of Trek is TNG and DS9. This game lives and breathes in the Berman/Braga Trek universe. Want to play a Bajoran tactical officer fighting off the Dominion? Or maybe a Klingon security officer chasing a Ferengi arms dealer? Than this is the game for you. And me! Let me play too!

There you have it. My wish list of games. Tell me, what games are out there that you want to play but just can't seem to find the time?


2 comments:

  1. Call of Cthulhu. PLayed a long CoC campaign back in the day and it was a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard you and anton talk about that game. I'm listening...tell me more!

      Delete