More Adventures

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

You're My Inspiration

Once a month or so I head to my local used book store. I love a good used book store.  They are great place to find old gaming manuals. Also the selection of fantasy and sci-fi novels are always solid. A few of my better scores include Conan, Tarzan and Princess of Mars novels.  

On my last trip, I came across an old mass market Elrick paperback novel. I hadn’t read any Moorcock but his work has come highly recommended so I figured what the hell.  The cover art was dope and the description seemed solid enough, so I bought it. Boy, am I glad I did. The book entitled “The Stormbringer,” is a collection of short stories of Elrick’s adventures.  If you aren’t familiar, Elrick is an albino elf that wields an evil runesword. Man, it’s soooooooo good.  

 I gotta tell ya, nothing gets my role playing engine running like reading great sword and sorcery.  My dicehand starts shaking and my mind begins to race. How my character would react to the situations presented in the stories? I ponder the stats of Elrick’s companions as well as the evil do-ers.  Man, I gotta play!!!
    

Where does it come from for you as a GM or as a player while creating a new PC?  Maybe you’re favorite film character, a novel perhaps? Share your inspiration here with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment